A long-only equity investment fund based with a hybrid private/public structure, founded by a former portfolio manager of a global asset management firm, is seeking a Director of Business Operations.
The position is based in Chevy Chase, MD and will be an in-the office position once the office re-opens.
The Director of Business Operations will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer “COO”, who received a BS from the United States Military Academy.
A forward thinking, creative professional with high ethical standards and with strong drive and initiative to collaborate and coordinate with the COO in overseeing the business operations of Durable Capital. This professional will need to have a demonstrated ability to execute in a “hands-on” manner. The professional will have a rounded ability to flex across a broad spectrum of responsibilities and functional areas of the business.
- Establishes processes to manage and track annual organizational goals. Prioritize work for projects, sources other needed resources, monitors progress, and takes ongoing corrective action as needed
- Develop Metrics program for tracking performance, placing accountability on functional owners
- Institute best practices in project management, cross-functional communication and framework establishment for communicating target state or strategic vision to key stakeholders across the functional areas of finance, legal/compliance, IR and trading.
- Manage multiple operational improvement projects across teams and locations · Define project objectives, requirements, scope and deliverables. Build timelines, create documentation, and set project milestones.
Manage 3rd party outsourced IT provider
- Develop firm-wide technology strategy and execute implementations [examples: firm-wide research management system, order management systems]
- Assist in real estate projects including over-seeing decisions regarding expansion into new office space, planning real estate needs for the firm, third party project management, etc.
- Collaborate with business units on headcount estimates and space growth modeling
- Assist in the preparation of agenda and materials for the COO weekly all-hands, and periodic Management Committee meetings
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Durable Capital Partners LP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
About Durable Capital Partners
Durable invests in small-and mid-cap companies in both public and private markets. Through strong partnerships, Durable provides both capital and guidance with the goal of helping owner-operators build durable and sustainable companies.
Grounded in systematic thinking, deep fundamental analysis, and constructive engagement, Durable seeks stable investments that have the capabilities and headroom to compound wealth at scale over the long term.