TITLE/POSITION: Capture Strategist (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: August 20, 2021
Are you energized by the idea of helping small businesses bring new technology to the warfighter?
Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities?
Are you passionate about the client experience and always work to go above and beyond their expectations?
Are you the one who researches everything?
When given a task, do you think “challenge accepted”?
——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——-
Who Are We?
Long Capture promotes the advancement of commercial companies and their technology through government funding programs such as the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), and other strategic opportunities. By leveraging its network of government officials, industry partners, and universities, Long Capture drives growth for clients in the DoD space.
What is This Position About?
A Capture Strategist is a Department of Defense (DoD) subject matter expert responsible for building and executing federal growth strategies for innovative technology. Capture Strategists are assigned a portfolio of clients looking to grow their new, emerging technology within the federal sector. It is the role of the Capture Strategist to perform research on behalf of their clients, find the best fit within the DoD, and provide decisive insight on opportunity assessment, federal outreach, and the federal acquisition process. He or she is responsible for representing clients in conversations with the DoD partners and collaborating with Proposal Coordinators to ensure supporting materials are prepared. Capture Strategists are responsible for managing and maintaining enduring, long-term relationships with each of his or her assigned clients, including developing a deep understanding of the clients’ technology, goals, and pain points, clearly communicating strategic plans and advising them on the potential benefits/drawbacks of that plan, adeptly navigating conflict to a peaceful resolution, expertly focusing efforts on high-value efforts based on professional judgement, responding to inquiries both via telephone and e-mail, conducting meetings, and providing feedback in a professional, timely manner.
Who is This Role For?
A competitive candidate for this position will be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. He or she will thrive off of building and supporting client relationships. He or she will rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of latitude is expected. He or she will also enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
● Manage and maintain strong working relationships with a portfolio of clients
● Develop growth strategies on behalf of clients to grow their technology in the federal sector
● Research and analyze DoD program requirements and federal opportunities
● Perform strategic outreach with federal customers and end-users
● Prepare and lead client meetings to review strategic objectives, discuss upcoming opportunities, and report outreach efforts
● Conduct presentations to senior business executives and customers
● Develop supporting collateral to assist conversations between client and DoD customers and end-users
● Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events, as needed
● Report and escalate to Management, as needed
● Other duties as assigned
What Qualifications Do You Need?
● 4 years minimum of combined Department of Defense and Industry experience
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● Experience managing client relationships
● Ability to strategically leverage DoD Acquisition knowledge to drive revenue growth for small businesses
● Ability to breakdown strategic ideas into actionable tasks
● Strong customer service skills
● Excellent communication skills including the ability for clear, concise, and direct communication via written and oral forms
● Strong presentation skills
● Proactive approach to driving results for clients
● Ability to prioritize work
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Strong attention to detail and follow up
● Growth mindset and adaptability to keep up with frequently changing industry
● Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
What Benefits Do We Offer?
As a full-time role, this position offers a competitive benefits package:
– $130,000 annual salary
– Fully remote position
– Flexible work schedule
– Unlimited PTO
– Employer subsidized health insurance
– 401(k) with 4% company match
– Tuition assistance
– Company provided laptop & annual office supply budget
– Paid maternity & paternity leave
– Paid military leave for employees in the Reserves or Guard
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.