TITLE/POSITION: Proposal Coordinator (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Proposal Manager
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: August 6, 2021
Do you have a passion for technical writing?
When given a task, do you think “challenge accepted”?
Do you enjoy taking the seemingly complex and making it simple?
Are you the one who researches everything?
——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——- ——-
Who Are We?
Long Capture promotes the advancement of commercial companies and their technology through government funding programs such as the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), and other strategic opportunities. By leveraging its network of government officials, industry partners, and universities, Long Capture drives growth for clients in the DoD space.
What is This Position About?
A Proposal Coordinator is responsible for managing a portfolio of client proposals, with the primary tasks of preparing and submitting proposal packages throughout the various phases of the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and other Department of Defense (DoD) processes and proposal opportunities. Through collaboration with clients and their Capture Strategists, he or she is responsible for drafting clients’ technical volumes, presentation decks, and other supporting documents. He or she is responsible for ensuring that each client’s proposal submission is reflective of best-known practices for proposal development. He or she will also assist clients with government invoicing.
Who is This Role For?
A competitive candidate for this position will be an experienced professional writer with the ability to communicate via written content clearly and concisely. He or she will also possess basic marketing and graphic design skills that will be used to produce professional quality presentations. He or she will rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of latitude is expected. He or she will also enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
● Develop and submit proposal packages in accordance with Company best practices
● Conduct research on client technology and government use cases for the purpose of drafting compelling problem statements
● Manage client relationships for single proposal service agreements
● Participate in client meetings with Capture Strategists for the purpose of learning about clients’ technology and gathering information needed to craft and submit compelling proposal packages
● Prepare templates and other internal documents
● Read and analyze DoD solicitations
● Revise and rework existing pre-written content where relevant
● Team administrative tasks as assigned
● Other duties as assigned
What Qualifications Do You Need?
● Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required
● B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, or other related field preferred
● Strong research and technical writing skills
● Strong PowerPoint and basic graphic design skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong time management and prioritization abilities
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Ability to interpret complex guidelines
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Strong attention to detail and follow up
● Ability to handle repetitive tasks
● Growth mindset and adaptability to keep up with frequently changing industry
What Benefits Do We Offer?
As a full-time role, this position offers a competitive benefits package:
-$65,000 annual salary
-Fully remote position
-Flexible work schedule
-Employer subsidized health insurance
-401(k) with 4% company match
-Company provided laptop & annual office supply budget
-Paid maternity & paternity leave
-Paid military leave for employees in the Reserves or Guard
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.