Urgently hiring! A Top furniture company seeking a Director for Operations in Orlando, FL.
The Position: Director of Operations
Compensation: Between $100-130K + 20% bonus + Pension plan
MilSpec Talent is a boutique headhunting firm that helps our clients get connected with top talent in the industry. We work with mid-career, industry-experienced Veterans with 3-15 years of proven success in the private sector. For our contingency recruitment partners, we provide this value with minimal risk.
This position is for a company that continues to be recognized as the top furniture company in South Florida and the top 30 nationwide. With planned local growth, plus growth in new markets over the next several years, the company is excited about the future.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Year-end Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package
- 401k with employer match
- Associate Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Promote-from-within culture, with A LOT of opportunity to grow
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 3 – 5 years of experience in distribution operations
- Computer knowledge and skills – Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Problem-solving – Owns problem-solving projects and is accountable to improve KPIs and deliver on project deadlines. Requires critical thinking and extensive problem solving and has the discretion to make process changes as needed to achieve targeted goals. Manages direct reports to facilitate determined countermeasures
- Meetings – Facilitates both internal and cross-functional meetings and presentations with mid-level management and subordinates
- Coaching – Responsible for coaching and developing direct reports
- Auditing – Audits external processes throughout the organization to identify integral defects and work cross-functionally to prevent them. Audits internal Department and Operations Department processes to eliminate waste, defects.
- Development – Developing his/her own knowledge of both our business and the furniture business including benchmarking trips, visits to suppliers, other retailers, etc
- Miscellaneous – involved in Associate recognition, responds to Emails and requests as needed. Hands-on quality inspections, etc
About MilSpec Talent
MilSpec Talent searches for exceptional veteran talent with proven leadership success and 3-15 years of private sector experience. Our candidates are hand-picked and carefully screened to demonstrate a history of building teams, shaping cultures, and driving results in both the military and civilian sectors. Many are from Service Academies and from the Special Operations community. Moreover, we assess values-based characteristics captured in our 5 Tenets: 1) "We" not "Me" Mindset; 2) Clear Character in Chaos; 3) Grit with Grace; 4) Self-Confidence through Self-Awareness; and 5) Continuous Growth and Adaptability.