Urgently hiring! Family-owned, Veteran-owned distribution company. Seeking an experienced Packaging Engineer– We Welcome Veterans but this is NOT a requirement!
The Position: Packaging Engineer
Compensation: Between $60-80K
MilSpec Talent is a boutique headhunting firm that helps our clients get connected with top talent in the industry. We work with mid-career, industry-experienced Veterans with 3-15 years of proven success in the private sector. For our contingency recruitment partners, we provide this value with minimal risk.
This position is for a 45-yr old, reputable family business in the packaging industry! Seeking a Packaging Engineer position in Memphis, TN!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (Required)
- Proficient in the use of current design/modeling software including SolidWorks, TOPS and Artios CAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at various levels within the organization and with customer
- You do not need to be a Veteran!
Are you wanting to leave a dead-end career? Work for a private company with more autonomy? If you are looking for an exciting career with the opportunity to use your skill-set to work with a variety of customers and our sales team to provide packaging solutions, this career opportunity may be for you. We offer extensive industry specific training and a variety of benefits.
This company is a leading packaging distributor providing innovative products, equipment and services to manufacturing, distribution, and logistics companies. They are family-owned and provide a professional, performance-based work environment, striving to employ people who are passionate for excellence. The CEO is an Army veteran who is driven to care for his people and customers.
We have values that we strive to live by on a daily basis:
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy, and strive to deliver on our promises.
- People: We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset. We create an environment that is team focused by treating our employees with professionalism, dignity, and respect.
- Agility: We are agile and move swiftly to seize opportunities and overcome challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Continuous Improvement: We are focused on exceeding our employees’ and customers’ expectations by striving for continuous improvement in all we do.
- Knowledge: We equip ourselves with knowledge by fostering a culture that promotes continuous learning to be industry leaders.
This position benefits:
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, etc.)
- 8 paid holidays
- Corporate gym membership
Position Qualifications & Expectations
- Provide recommendations and business cases for process improvements and cost savings
- Work closely with the sales team & management to create value and solve problems for the customers
- Direct and manage multiple concurrent packaging engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives
- Communicates with customers as necessary to answer technical questions or provide other information
- Create innovative packaging solutions to meet market need
- Coordinate, manage, and document project goals and progress
- Generate drawings, models, and designs using Artios CAD and SolidWorksMonitor and advise management on packaging design trends and new products
- Confer with sales and supplier teams to ensure the manufacturability of new products designs as well as their conformance to customer expectations
- Manage the completion of packaging testing for new product development and existing design improvements
About MilSpec Talent
MilSpec Talent searches for exceptional veteran talent with proven leadership success and 3-15 years of private sector experience. Our candidates are hand-picked and carefully screened to demonstrate a history of building teams, shaping cultures, and driving results in both the military and civilian sectors. Many are from Service Academies and from the Special Operations community. Moreover, we assess values-based characteristics captured in our 5 Tenets: 1) "We" not "Me" Mindset; 2) Clear Character in Chaos; 3) Grit with Grace; 4) Self-Confidence through Self-Awareness; and 5) Continuous Growth and Adaptability.