Rapidly growing, boutique investment advisory firm seeks an Investment Analyst/Trader to join the team and manage client portfolios! Remote position reporting directly to the Chief Investment Strategist!
The Position: Investment Analyst / Trader
Compensation: $100-125k + profit sharing + commission
MilSpec Talent is a boutique headhunting firm that helps our clients get connected with top talent in the industry. We work with mid-career, industry-experienced Veterans with 3-15 years of proven success in the private sector. For our contingency recruitment partners, we provide this value with minimal risk.
This position is for a boutique investment advisory firm that is looking for an experienced trader to help with portfolio research and management; the firm manages over $425 million for wealthy private clients and institutions across the country and believes in long-term, income-based, value-focused return strategy investing primarily in stocks and bonds. This individual will assist the investment and operational aspects of this function, including asset allocation, portfolio construction, due diligence, security analysis and performance measurement.
- 100% Remote!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% Medical and dental insurance
- Personal leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Unrestricted opportunity to grow and shape the company
- Ideal candidate will be CFA certified
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, other quantitatively oriented field preferred
- Excellent academic record exhibiting excellent analytical ability, strong financial modeling and quantitative skills.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with researching and analyzing securities, enhancing risk analytics, and maintaining/rebalancing portfolio allocations
- Possess a superior ability to present and communicate quantitative information is ideal as is a willingness to share ideas in a group setting.
- Possess the highest ethical standards: maturity and integrity required to work with sensitive/confidential information
- Servant leader mindset- high EQ and low ego. Be a strong team player with a collegial attitude and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks
- Daily due diligence, portfolio and industry research, and portfolio design (variance and risk analysis)
- Portfolio management and monitoring
- Supporting advisory staff in review of investment proposals
- Participating in and contributing to staff portfolio planning meetings and client meetings
- Updating quarterly pitchbook with commentary
About MilSpec Talent
MilSpec Talent searches for exceptional veteran talent with proven leadership success and 3-15 years of private sector experience. Our candidates are hand-picked and carefully screened to demonstrate a history of building teams, shaping cultures, and driving results in both the military and civilian sectors. Many are from Service Academies and from the Special Operations community. Moreover, we assess values-based characteristics captured in our 5 Tenets: 1) "We" not "Me" Mindset; 2) Clear Character in Chaos; 3) Grit with Grace; 4) Self-Confidence through Self-Awareness; and 5) Continuous Growth and Adaptability.