D1 was founded by a former collegiate athlete. D1 offers a caliber of training typically reserved for a Division 1 athlete. D1 uses their proprietary training methods to deliver training usually reserved for Division 1 athletes to kids first but also adults!
D1 facility recommends between 4,000 – 8,000 sq. ft. with size options ranging from 4,000sq. ft. to 10,000+. D1 offers individual and group fitness to kids and adults offering results you can’t achieve in a typical fitness center that follows a one size fits all mentality. Quite simply, D1 trains members like athletes regardless of their fitness level. Beginners and experts are all welcome in D1 to train ‘like an athlete’ and focus on character development through the D1 training program.
At D1 their clients go through the D1 5-component program (“Athletic Based Training Model”). This method was designed to follow the programs that strength coaches at major Division 1 universities use on their athletes.
D1 has perfected their turn-key franchise support system ensuring their franchisees will never have to build their own workout programs or be alone in hiring staff, site selection, marketing, training and more.
D1 boasts about placing over 2,000 scholastic athletes in Collegiate programs, over 200 professional athletes into professional drafts, has over 40 professional athletes as owners and manages the speed and agility training at the Manning Passing Academy. Learn why Peyton Manning, Chipper Jones, and Carmelo Anthony are all owners!
- Established: 2001
- First Unit Franchised: 2016
- Franchised Units: 105
- Company Owned Units: 1
- Total Investment: $195,000 – $664,000
- Minimum Net Worth: $500,000
- Veteran Discount: Yes
Turn-key support solution from signing through running the business
Workouts:The Panel of Coaches will write your 5 component workouts.
Your facility will never have to write a workout or play lists. All playlists have clean language
Franchisee Training: D1 will help vet and train your general manager
Robust online training modules and videos for coaches, owners and general managers
A Master Coach will help train and support the franchisees head coach, training coaches, often on-site for the first week of business and train you on auditing your workouts.
The National Head of General Managers will train the franchisees general manager, and offer support through opening
The Field Support Specialists will provide on-going support
- Annual Promotional Calendar
- Creative marketing pieces for turn-key marketing campaigns
- Public Relation Opportunities
- Turn-key Social media campaign collateral
- Coaching/Training Manual
- Sales Manual
- Operations Manual
- Marketing Manual and Brand Guide
- D1 Intranet Portal
- D1 branded MindBody Business Point of Sales System (analytics/reporting)
- D1 branded MindBody App for consumers
- Franchisee General Manager Message Board / Dedicated channel
Function of the owner/daily tasks –
- 15 hours minimum per week and live within one hour of their first D1 center.
- Holding the team accountable – Watch Scorecard and KPI’s (provided by D1’s Home Office)
- Build community relationships and cross promotions
- Financial/Cash management
- Participate on monthly training calls hosted by the Home Office
- Attend Franchise Summit Once a year
All the above plus:
- Back end administration
- Community Outreach and Business Development
- Managing Staff
- Selling Memberships
Desired background of prospects and Ideal candidate –
- Workout at the D1 Facility at least once a week
- Business Background
- No Physical Fitness Requirement but it is a benefit
- Passionate about training and helping people
- Must like kids
- Track record for success
- Pillar in the community
- Played some team sport at some point
- Align with the Mission: Help people achieve their goals
Click here for the D1 2018 in Review video
Click here for the D1 in the news for celebrity ownership video
About Tracer Consulting
I am a USNA '14 grad and a certified franchise consultant. The listings I have are franchises with veteran discounts, their business model plays to the strengths of veterans (leadership, ability to follow a plan, planning/logistics, etc), they have proven records of success, and the potential for great returns. If you want to learn about other franchise opportunities, opportunities in other locations or other industries please contact me.
I can also help you find funding partners that will help you obtain a loan. The two major SBA loans are: 1) The Express Loan which is used for home based franchises, is up to $150,000, requires and 10% cash injection, and no collateral. 2) A standard loan that can be used for non-home based franchises, is up to $5 million, requires a 20%-30% cash injection, and requires collateral. For either of these loans, the rates are prime +2.75% (currently totaling 6%) and if you are funded before September 27, 2020 then the government will pay for the first 6 months of your loan- they are doing this to encourage entrepreneurship during the corona virus pandemic.